Zinc carnosine is a proprietary molecular combination of L-carnosine and zinc. When zinc and carnosine are chelated (chemically bound), a new nutrient is formed which has specific properties that are different from those of the two elements taken separately. In 1994, this compound was approved in Japan for the treatment of peptic ulcers. Supported by numerous clinical studies, the arrival of Zinc L carnosine in the nutraceuticals market is attracting considerable attention.
Polaprezinc Product Description
557.6ºC at 760 mmHg
Function&Application of Polaprezinc
1. Protects epithelial cell membranes in the stomach and restores them to their normal metabolism;
2. Acts as an antioxidant and protects the stomach from alcohol and smoking-induced damage;
3. Has anti-inflammatory properties and moderates production of interleukin-8;
4. Adheres to ulcerations, acts as a barrier between them and stomach acids and helps to heal them;
5. Inhibits activity of Helicobacter pylori bacteria;
6. Does not interfere with the production of prostaglandins essential to the mucosal lining of the stomach;
7. Strengthens these mucosal linings and stimulates the production of protective mucus.