Siraitia grosvenorii is a herbaceous perennial vine of the Cucurbitaceae (gourd) family, native to southern China and northern Thailand. The plant is cultivated for its fruit, whose extract is nearly 300 times sweeter than sugar and has been used in China as a natural low-calorie sweetener for cooling drinks, and in traditional Chinese medicine to treat diabetes and obesity.
The plant's fruit is often called in English language publications Luo Han Guo or lohan Kuo. It may also be called la than qua, arhat fruit, Buddha fruit, monk fruit, or longevity fruit (although this name has been used for several other fruits).
Luo Han Guo Extract
Monk Fruit Extract
10:1 20:1 10%-98% Mogrosides 10%-98% Mogroside V
Brown to Light Yellow Fine Powder
The function of Luo Han Guo Extract
1. Sugar and Syrup Substitution: Sweetness 300+ times as sweet as table sugar [sucrose], is a natural, very sweet (300 times sweeter than cane sugar), non-caloric, powdered concentrate from Luo Han fruit. The active components are triterpene glucosides called mogrosides. Mogrosides are clarified from Luo Han fruit using a patented process involving hot water, a resin column, and spray-drying. The mogrosides are clarified using this process, yield a fine powder that has greater than 80% total glucoside content with a mogroside V (the sweetest.of the mogrosides) greater than 30%;
2. Traditional TCM Uses: Luo Han Guo Extract (Mogroside) has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for colds, coughs, sore throats, gastrointestinal disorder, as well as a blood purifier;
3. Luo Han Guo Extract (Mogroside) is easily soluble in water without any sediment: The Extract contains 80% or greater Mogroside. Mogroside is 300 times sweeter than cane sugar and is low in calories. It is a stable, non-fermentable additive ideal for Diabetics;
4. Nutritional Content: Luo Han Guo Extract (Mogroside) contains high amounts of amino acids, fructose, vitamins and minerals. It is also used in traditional Chinese cooking for flavor and nutrition. It is a versatile natural sweetener that is ideally suited to replace artificial sweeteners such as aspartame. It works well in beverages, baked foods, nutritional foods, diet foods or any food product that requires either a low to no carbohydrate sweetener or low to no calories. Cooking or baking does not affect the flavor or sweetness of it.
Application of Luo Han Guo Extract
Non-nutritive Sweetener and Flavor Enhancer. Use in flavors, foods, beverages, gums, baked goods, dietary supplements, powdered drinks, nutritional bars, and chocolates, etc. masks tastes.
1. Applied in the Pharmaceutical field;
2. Applied in the food field;
3. Applied in the healthcare field.