St John's wort, Hypericum perforatum, has been used for the past 2,000 years as a medicinal herb. St John's wort was once hung above doorways to ward off evil spirits. The species named perforatum refers to the many puncture-like black marks on the underside of the plant's leaves. St John's wort, especially its tiny yellow flowers, is high in hypericin and other flavonoid compounds. Native to Europe, St. John's wort is now found growing in dry areas of many temperate climates throughout the world.
St John's wort extract tested in the included trials are superior to placebo in patients with major depression; St John's wort extract is similarly effective as standard anti-depressants, and have fewer side effects than standard antidepressants.
St John's Wort Extract
Black Fine Powder
Certificate Of Analysis of St John's Wort Extract
Dark brown powder
Hypericin 0.3% (HPLC)
100 % pass 80 mesh
Loss on Drying
≤ 10.0 mg/kg
≤ 2.0 mg/kg
≤ 1.0 mg/kg
≤ 0.1 mg/kg
Residue of Pesticide
Total Plate Count
The Function of St John's Wort Extract
1. St john's wort p.e/HypericumPerforatum Extract/Hypericin can prevent depression;
2. St john's wort p.e/HypericumPerforatum Extract/Hypericin can treat premenstrual syndrome;
3. St john's wort p.e/HypericumPerforatum Extract/Hypericin to prevent bacterial infections;
4. St john's wort p.e/Hypericum Perforatum Extract/Hypericin is used to dress wounds, heal deep cuts, smooth bums and ease the pain of neuralgias;
5. St john's wort p.e/HypericumPerforatum Extract/Hypericin has been used gastritis.
6. St john's wort p.e/HypericumPerforatum Extract/Hypericin is used in medicine raw material.
Application of St John's Wort Extract
1. To prevent depression
2. To prevent bacterial infections
3. Treatment of pre-menstrual syndrome
It has been used for centuries to calm the nerves and treat depression, to dress wounds, heal deep cuts, smooth bums and ease the pain of neuralgias. Taken internally, it has been used for ulcers and gastritis.