Phycocyanin is a pigment-protein complex from the light-harvesting phycobiliprotein family, along with allophycocyanin and phycoerythrin. Phycocyanin is an accessory pigment to chlorophyll. All phycobiliproteins are water-soluble, so they cannot exist within the membrane-like carotenoids can. Instead, phycobiliproteins aggregate to form clusters that adhere to the membrane called phycobilisomes. Phycocyanin is a characteristic light blue color, absorbing orange and red light, particularly near 620 nm (depending on which specific type it is), and emits fluorescence at about 650 nm (also depending on which type it is).
Phycocyanin powder can be used in many practices, it is particularly used in medicine and foods applications. It can also be used in genetics, where it acts as a tracer due to its natural fluorescence.
1. Phycocyanin powder has both anti-oxidant and anti-inflammation properties.
2. Phycocyanin powder also prevents astrogliosis and glial inflammation.
3. Phycocyanin powder is found to have hepatotoxicity protection.
4. Phycocyanin powder has anti-cancer effects.
5. Phycocyanin powder can be used as a natural blue food coloring.
Xi'an Saiyang Biotechnology Co., Ltd
Name: Chris Sun Email: email@example.com
Tel: +86-029-88606113 Whatsapp: 0086-177-9201-253