Gallnut (also known as Pyrococcus japonicus, Pyrrotheca ocellata, and Gardenia jasminoides) is a hornbush or adult locust female of the family Homoptera (Hymenoptera). It invades the young leaves of the family Rana pruinosa and other plants of the same family. Petiole, stabbed to generate a cystic polychaete, dried after drying. Pickle, astringent, cold. The formation of Chinese gallnut requires the presence of winter hosts (species) near the fertility site of the pupa plant, in addition to the summer host (Sphaeropsis genus).
Gallnut Extract has been used in cosmetic, health care products and pharmaceutic field due to the following Functions:
1. With the function of antioxidant and antimicrobial;
2. It has the effect on improving the body disease-resistant ability, liver and gastrointestinal system function ;
3. With the function of treating chronic diarrhea and dysentery;
4. With the function of dispelling heat, eliminating irritability, diuretic, cooling blood and detoxification;
5. With the function of enhancing immunity.