Ginkgo has been used in traditional medicine to treat circulatory disorders and enhance memory.
The study of the well-characterized ginkgo product found it ineffective in lowering the overall incidence of dementia and Alzheimer's disease in the elderly
It also shows promise for enhancing memory in older adults.
Laboratory studies have shown that ginkgo improves blood circulation by dilating blood vessels and reducing the stickiness of blood platelets.
Ginkgo Biloba Extract/Ginkgo Extract
Latin Name: Ginkgo Biloba L.
Extract Ratio: 35-100:1
Product Type: Light Yellow or Brown or Light Brown or Brown-yellow Powder
Part of the Plant Used: Leaf (Dry, 100% Natural)
Extract Method: Grain Alcohol & Water
Ginkgo biloba Extract Series:
1. Ginkgo flavonoids≥24%, Total Terpene Lacosides≥6%, Acid<10PPM
Peak area ratio 0.8-1.5
2. Ginkgoflavon Glycosides≥24%, Total Terpene Lacosides≥6%, Acid<5PPM
Peak area ratio Q:K 0.8-1.2; I:Q>0.15
3. Water-soluble Ginkgoflavon Glycosides≥24%, Total Terpene Lacosides≥6%, Acid 1~5PPM; sobubility 5%
4. Low acid (Ginkgoflavon Glycosides≥24%, Total Terpene Lacosides≥6%, Acid<1PPM)
Standard: CP2015 , EP9.0 , USP39, Water-soluble
What is Ginkgo Biloba Extract?
Ginkgo biloba extract (Gbe) and two ingredients, bilobalide and ginkgolide B, are presented to the CSWG as part of a review of botanicals being used as dietary supplements in the United States. ( 1 of 3 adults in the United States are now taking dietary supplements ).
Gbe is a well-defined product, and it or its active ingredients, the ginkgolides, especially ginkgolide B, and bilobalide, have clearly demonstrated biological activity. It can be consumed in rather large doses for an extended period of time. Under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994, Gbe can be sold legally if it is not labeled or accompanied by any therapeutic or health claims. Herbal remedies can be labeled with descriptions of their role in affecting physiological structure or function but must be labeled with a disclaimer that the product has not been evaluated by the FDA for cure, prevention, or treatment of a disease.
Where will be Ginkgo Biloba Extract used to?
· Cerebral vascular insufficiency, vertigo, headaches, tinnitus
· Mental performance, brain function, concentration problems
· Senility, memory loss, dementia, Alzheimer's, dizziness
· Peripheral arterial insufficiency
· Peripheral vascular diseases, Raynaud's syndrome, numbness, tingling
· Impotence and erectile dysfunction