American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) is an herbaceous perennial plant in the ivy family. American ginseng was formerly particularly widespread in the Appalachian and Ozark regions (and adjacent forested regions such as Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario). It is also grown commercially, under artificial shade, woods cultivated, or wild-simulated methods, in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Wisconsin, particularly Marathon County, accounts for about 95% of production in the United States. It is also widely grown in Ontario, Canada, and China.
American ginseng extract powder
Loss on Drying
≤ 20 ppm
Total Plate Count
Yeast & Mould
American ginseng extract has been applied in food, cosmetic and pharmaceutic field due to the following functions:
1. American ginseng extract can be used to enhance physical strength and inhibit senescence;
2. American ginseng extract powder has the function of calming, promoting nerve growing, anti-convulsion & labor pains;
3. American ginseng extract can be used in treatment and prevention of hepatitis and cirrhosis;
4. American ginseng root extract has the function of improving achroacyte conversion; Inducing immune factor growing; Strengthening immunity;
5. American ginseng extract can rapidly improve ischemia myocardial, so it can be used in treatment and prevention of coronary heart disease.