Papain is a natural enzyme, a kind of endopeptidase enzyme containing hydrosulfide group (-SH). Papain is extracted from the milky juice of the unripe papaya by biotechnology. It has protease, esterase activity, and broad specificity. It has a strong ability to hydrolyze protein, polypeptide, ester, acid amide and strong synthetic capacity which can combine protein hydrolyzate into protein substances. This can be used for improving the nutritional value or function of the plants and the animal protein.
Food & Pharmaceutic
Loss on Drying
Total Plate Count
Yeast & Mould
Papain enzyme powder can be used in food, health care products and pharmaceutical field due to the following functions:
1. Papain is resistance to cancer, tumor, lymphatic leukemia, bacteria and parasite, tubercle bacillus and inflammation.
2. Papain is applied for hydrolyzing animal and plant’s protein, making tenderizer, hydrolyzing placenta.
3. Papain can be into protein and grease included cosmetic products can whiten and smooth skin, lighten freckles.
4. Papain is used in soap, washing agent, detergent, and hand soap;
5. Papain can eliminate dirt, grease, bacteria, and it is safe to use.